Friday, July 2, 2010

Father´s Day Moulin Rouge Style



Father´s Day here in the Air Force base, was celebrated in a way I would have never expected. Apparently here on the base in Iquitos, its a tradition that the men plan a special evening for the women on Mother´s Day and then vice-versa for Father´s Day. I missed Mother´s Day, we were in planes and airports on that day. But we had arrived just in time for Father´s Day and for me to be recruited in the production for Father´s Day.

All the wives got together and decided to plan a Moulin Rouge themed production for the guys complete with dance numbers and comedy acts. They turned the entire rec room here into a night club drenched in red and black and lots and lots of glitter.

The hardest part was my moment on stage when I had to act a small part in a comedy sketch. Yikes! Acting! In Spanish! Let´s just say I practiced my lines like a million times, and checked my pronounciation with others another million times. But I got good reviews and I didn´t forget any of my lines. Mission accomplished. And of course when the show was over there was food, dancing, drinks, dancing...repeat, repeat.

2 comments:

Hung and Patty said...

Awesome Annie, looks like you are having so much fun.
I love your blog, I hope some day you will published all this in a book for your children.
It is a must.
I love you.

Annie said...

Aw, thanks Patty. Love you too!