Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Driving



This last Saturday we decided to go for a drive on the moto. We left in the early afternoon after I finished my classes. We decided to just drive as far as we could go on one tank of gas. Technically Iquitos does not have a road connected to any other major city, everything must come to the city by boat or plane. But there is a long paved road leading out of the city. Coco did all the driving and I sat on the back of the moto taking pictures.






So here´s the photos from our little two hour tour.



















I think our favorite part was stumbling upon these friendly cows. It made me wish we had a pet cow.








Turns out there was a series of towns named after dates. There was one for July, one for February, and this one for my birthday. What are the odds?






We ended up getting the chance to chase a rainbow on our way home. The brightness and the colors of it were so beautiful, and the pictures don´t really capture that. But we chased it all the way home, watching it change shape and hoping we could be right underneath it.




No comments: