Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Old News



This is another lost blog from my visit to California. I know I'm in Peru and I should keep the focus on Peru...but I was looking through old pictures and wishing I would have posted these.

I took these in my lovely hometown during Heritage Days. In the middle of the town there was a camp set up resembling what a Civil War Camp might have looked like. The camp didn't seem to miss a detail and the participants, or "residents" of the camp, each had a character's role to play. And I didn't really hear them break character at all in conversation, which was also kind of awkward. We were speaking in past tense and they were speaking in present tense. But everything they had to say was pretty interesting.















Coincidentally our town was hosting an exhibit all about Abraham Lincoln. Along with the history of his life, a large collection of vintage clothing was also on display at the museum. There is a local family that has maintained and restored the clothing. The details were unbelievable and so were the ladies' waist measurements.









No comments: