Friday, January 21, 2011

Mariposa


While we were in California I think I visited the town of Mariposa about three times. I love the looks of this little town because it so accurately captures the look of the "Old West." It's got that old gold rush feel and I love the way it makes me feel transported back in time. And the beautiful scenery around the area isn't bad either.

It was a perfect place to visit while Coco was in town because he recently had started to become a little obsessed with cowboy things and perfecting his cowboy accent. So on one of my trips out there I picked him up a cowboy hat and when we went to Maripos together he made sure to wear it the entire time. But he only added authenticity to the ambiance of the town.




Mariposa is filled with antique stores, art galleries, and charming restaraunts.








But my favorite place to visit is definetely a little store called "Chocolate Soup." It's a cute little store inside an old family house. The old wooden floors make the loudest creeking noise and you can see the blurry waves of the old glass in the windows. The place make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Here's what it looks like from the outside.







And here's a little of what the store feels like inside.




While we were there, we also made sure to visit the old Courthouse. It claims to be the oldest operating Courthourse west of the Mississippi! Oh my goodnesss. So we explored it thoroughly.











I always enjoy my time in Mariposa, and I think the cowboy loved it too.


No comments: