Monday, October 17, 2011

Celebrating a Birthday and Walking among Giants


I've been telling Coco about the giant trees in Yosemite for a while and I have been insisting that we go there while we're in California. He's always seemed somewhat interested, but he never really seemed to believe that the trees were that big. But I showed him! We had the chance to visit the trees with my dad and my grandpa. It was amazing. I haven't been there in years and it is so beautiful and overwhelming to walk through that forest. And Coco was pretty impressed.


We also went to the old Wawona Hotel and walked around a nearby historical site.


And Coco learned a little bit more about being a mountain man the next day when he spent all day splitting logs for firewood.


We also celebrated my birthday last week. Coco spent all day baking this amazing chocolate cake. My family was there and it felt great to have them with me. I can't remember the last birthday I spent surrounded by family.

No comments: