Sunday, November 20, 2011

An Old Fortress


Sorry to leave you guys in the dark, but we´ve been without internet in the house for 3 weeks. Agh! Totally frustrating. And we have been getting back to our routine after our trip to California. On our way home we had a little time in Lima and I instisted that Coco take me somewhere new. So he took me to an old fortress that was built to protect the busiest port of Lima in 1774.


The fortress was intended to defend Peru from invasions. Built to have a sufficient lookout point, it now has one of the best views in Lima where you can see for miles and miles in all directions. Made in the shape of a pentagon its many chambers house historical items from Peru´s military legends and history.


I felt a somewhat heavy feeling walking through the dark hallways of the towers. They were so dark and mysterious, I made Coco stay close by. Luckily we survived the tour without any wierd encounters and I really enjoyed experiencing more of Peru´s mystical history.

No comments: