Thursday, October 14, 2010

Flying Solo



I´m proud to report that Coco completed his first solo flight in a Twin Otter Plane. He´s been training with the Twin Otter as a Copilot for quite a while and he finally accumulated enough hours to complete his solo flight. I was lucky enough to be there, and I was pretty excited to get the chance to see him fly. I know he´s a pilot, but I honestly have never actually seen him fly.

He flew from the Port of Nanay to a nearby town and back. This is the area around Nanay near the landing area.





I was waiting there for him along with the other pilots.



Here he is taking off.








Once he returned and was parking the boat, a group of officers and pilots headed to the dock to congratulate him.








Plus, a little marching band showed up.



Then he had to get his butt kicked. Yes, that´s correct. He had his butt literally kicked, 4 times. First he was kicked off the wing of the plane by his instructor and then later by three other officers. And trust me, they didn´t hold back...they were wearing boots.









Here´s some more butt-kicking. He took it like a champ. But then he recieved a warm embrace by the butt-kicker/flight instructor.




And is if the butt kicking wasn´t enough, he was then forced to drink a whole beer without lowering it once. I don´t know what was more impressive, the flying, or his ability to drink a beer like that. He says he gets more nervous about that then the flying.





He did a great job and he has been studying so hard for this moment. I was extremely proud. Good job baby!





No comments: