Friday, October 29, 2010

No Hay Luz


Losing power here is a very common occurence. I would say that on average we lose power 1-2 times weekly. Usually only for a few hours or so, but always at an inconvenient time....like right before I want to start cooking, or right in the middle of watching a movie...... really we have just become accustomed to it. But every once in a while the power will go out for an entire day. And this week it has gone out every single day for a significant amount of time. And coincidentally it has been blazing hot here, almost unbearable. So without even so much as a fan blowing, we have been suffering a bit this week. But the thing that I do enjoy about the power going out, is seeing the city by candlelight. I love driving through the city and seing all the candles in the windows and the soft glowing of light that can only come from candles. Plus the stars become brilliant and it reminds me of home. Last night was the procession for SeƱor de Milagros (you may remember my post about this ceremony) and I took these pictures inside the church where the ceremony finished. And today I am happy to report that we have had power....so far.....



1 comment:

barbara said...

Amazing! Annie, that first picture of the candle is beautiful! You are apparently learning your new camera and I can't wait to see more fabulous pictures!