Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mi Universo Infantil and ICPNA

So as I may have mentioned I  have two new jobs here in Iquitos. After a year of teaching lots and lots of private classes, Im happy to report that I will soon be working as an official employee that recieves a real paycheck at two different educational settings. One I am currently working at is an English institute called ICPNA or, Instituto Cultural Peruano NorteAmericano. They pride themselves on teaching English from a NorthAmerican prespective and facilitating a cultural exchange in the classroom between Peru and North America. I am currently teaching at the Basic level and I totally love it so far. Below is a picture from when I trained at ICPNA headquarters with other perspective teachers while I was in Lima.



My other job will be teaching English to Preschool and Kindregarten students at a private preschool called Mi Universo Infantil. My friend invited me to teach there and the preschool is currently recruiting students for the school year which starts in March. In order to increase enrollment we had a publicity event last weekend where prospective students and families were invited to check out the facility. So I brought along my camera so you could see first hand what my preschool looks like.







As part of the event we had a Karate demonstration and a puppet show. Heres a little from the kids karate class demo.







And now on to images from the puppet show.





It was a great chance to meet everybody and I am really looking forward to working with the students and teachers from Mi Universo Infantil.



2 comments:

barbara said...

Annie, what fun the preschool is! Congratulations on your new jobs. I know you will enjoy them.
Love Mom

KaytieLuv said...

Congrats on both jobs - they sound like a lot of fun! XOXO