Monday, February 21, 2011

Centro Aeronautico Peru


While we were in Lima Coco and I went to have dinner with his family in this place. The Centro Aeronautico Peru is a club exclusive to members of the Air Force and their families. It´s been around since roughly the 1940´s, perhaps longer, husband´s not too sure. They used to use it quite frequently for many Air Force events like ceremonies, weddings, and other social gatherings. Now it serves primarily as a restaraunt. I love the old feel of the place, so of course I took pictures for you.










I wish that these walls could talk to me and tell me all the old stories and adventures of Peruvian pilots. But I didn´t hear any voices coming from the walls, although that´s probably a good thing.

1 comment:

barbara said...

What a beautiful, interesting place! The history must be awesome. And that staircase is amazing!