Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gracefully 30, Forever 21


Coco´s birthday was a few days ago and he turned 30, even though he doesn´t look a day over 21. This was the first time since we had met each other that we would actually be together on his birthday. The other two birthdays occured while I was in California and he was in Peru. So I was thinking of a big blowout party to really bring in year 30 with a bang. But hubby was thinking the opposite, just me and him celebrating his graceful transition out of his twenties. Okay baby! I understand. No, party, just me and you. His special day included homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, a painting for his office made by me, some swimming and relaxing by the pool, some Mexican food for lunch (enchiladas), Mango Dacquiris, a trip out to our favorite Italian restaraunt for dinner, and lots of phone calls and messages from loved ones. We had a great day.



A note about our favorite Italian restaraunt, it´s beautiful and delicious. Its always dimly lit and everything inside is made from rustic wood and bricks. I think it probably has the best ambiance of any restaraunt in Iquitos. Plus, it´s one of the few choices we have when we don´t want to eat regional food. And they have these huge pizza ovens that I can´t get over. Ummmm I want another delicious calzone right now.





And.....Coco´s arm is healing quite nicely. He´s in physical therapy and should be flying be next month. We´re so thankful for that! I hope you´re all doing well.

3 comments:

barbara said...

Dang! Those truly are the biggest pizza ovens I have ever seen! And dinner looks delicious! But dinner looks like enchiladas to me. Happy Birthday Coco, forever young!

Annie said...

Yes, enchiladas for lunch, italian for dinner....

Hung and Patty said...

I haven't visit your blog for a while, what a nice surprise to find so many entries. I always enjoy reading them. Love