Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little Taste of Paris in the Amazon

Thanks to the last ridiculous lightning storm here in Iquitos, I not only have no internet connection to my house, but the power cord to our computer is damaged. So I have been experiencing life without a computer for a few weeks, and may be without one for a while. And although its a bit freeing, I also have so much work to be done that I am now resorting to hanging out in internet cafes just to get some things done. So don´t expect to see alot of me on here in the meantime. But I do miss writing the occasional blog. So here´s one I´ve been storing up for you all.

Coco and I finally had the chance to go to a restaurant that we´d been wanting to try out. One of my students recommended it. I couldn´t hardly believe my student when he told me there was a real French bistro, quite fancy in fact, right here in Iquitos. Well it´s true and it really is quite charming. It´s right on the boulevard that overlooks the river. Not only is the food delicious but they also offer alot of special coffees and desserts I´m just not used to having access to here. And it´s the only building here that has such a romantic interior in a ¨French¨ style. Coco and I felt like we had gone somewhere outside of Iquitos and both enjoyed it so much. I only wish we would have discovered it sooner...after all we´ve driven by the area only hundreds of times. Anyways, I´ll let you enjoy the pictures.


And to add a little adventure to the day, husband forgot to gas up the moto. So he had to walk it to the nearest gas station when we were on our way home. I followed behind making silly comments and documenting the moment with my camera. But it´s alot easier to run out of gas here than anywhere else. It was only a few blocks untill we found gas. Love you honey!

No comments: