Saturday, September 17, 2011

Drama Judge


I was invited to a local high school to be the judge for a drama contest. It was at an all girls school that has a very impressive English department. They asked me to judge them on their fluency and pronunciation in English, their costumes, and their overall performance. It was hard for us judges to pick a winner in the end. Along with me there were two other judges, another English teacher and a drama professor. Among the five plays were a story about a lost ship in the Bermuda triangle, and a short version of Pride and Prejudice. In the end we chose two winners from two different age categories. In the younger age group we chose the ¨Lost Ship¨ play. Their costumes were amazing and for their set they created a huge, beautiful, hand painted, cardboard ship. I wish I could have taken a picture of it, but I was too busy judging.


The winner we chose for the older group of girls, was the play about a stranger who came to a new town. Here you can see how excited the girls were when we announced them as the winners. It was like they won the World Cup. It was great to see them so happy.




And here´s our best actress. She was so modest and sweet in accepting her award. I give those girls a lot of credit for acting in English. I was so impressed.

No comments: