Thursday, December 24, 2009

There's no sign of Winter, but I know its Christmas




Joy to the World! Thanks to God for giving me a savior! I didn't deserve it, but You sent your Son here anyways to give me the gift of grace.


So this is my first Christmas ever that I have been away from my family and only the second time I have not spent a Christmas in Oakhurst. The only other Christmas I spent away from home I spent in Las Vegas. It was an awesome Christmas and also the year I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I was milking it the last few years anyways. But now I am here in South America and there is not one sign of winter. I feel strangely like it must be warm everywhere else. But then I see all your pictures of snow and people in jackets and people ice skating which makes me remember that winter is actually occuring for those who don't live so close to the equator. Well here's what Christmas looks like in Iquitos, Peru.

It's a bit different, I know. But it is totally amazing to feel Christ's love all around the world and see how people celebrate his birth. From the Alligator skeleton to the decorated hamburger cart, Christmas is all around me here.




















Here's my favorite so far....the main plaza's Nativity Scene. Complete with a native tribe and an anteater. Don't neglect to notice the monkey and the jaguar about to attack all the people.









I miss my family dearly, but I am so thrilled to be spending Christmas with Jorge. Our first Christmas together and I am grinning from ear to ear because I am with him. I hope you all have a blessed Christmas! I love you all!

P.S. I just heard from Aunt Sue that she reads my blog every single day. I was touched by that because sometimes I feel like this is just a diary for myself. So I am glad she enjoys it. I love you Aunt Sue and anybody else who is reading this.

6 comments:

barbara said...

Annie, I love "seeing" Christmas in the Amazon! Can't wait to see and read about New Year's Eve!
Love Mom

Kelly Smith said...

Is that an anteater in the nativity scene? LOL

barbara said...

walking Aunt Sue through, this is a test.

Unknown said...

i follow you

Unknown said...

I love your blog!! I am living in Peru with you. Your pictures take me there. Love you Annie!

Unknown said...

The anteater is hilarious!