Sunday, March 18, 2012

Coco´s Bar Tour


A few nights ago I had the pleasure of going on Coco´s Bar Tour of Barranco. Lucky me! Coco decided he want to take me around to all his favorite spots in Barranco. I of course agreed to this. Our first stop was a Turkish restaurant called Istanbul.


Next stop, a famous bar called Ayahuasca Bar. This bar was overwhemlingly awesome, and I didn´t even feel ¨hip¨ enough to enter. It´s actually an old house with tons of different rooms, vaulted cielings, courtyard, and a basement converted into a lounge. Every room has a slightly different theme. For example there is a green room, a gold room, a room decorated with Inka hand crafts, etc. It´s decorated in a very contemporary style and has a menu that goes on and on. It´s probably the best bar I´ve ever been to.


Next stop, La Posada Del Angel. This place is a favorite of mine because I went there with Coco the first week I met him. It´s an old quiet and dingy bar that feels like a hideout. It´s always dimly lit and you can usually catch some live music while you´re there.


Although there were a few other stops in between, here we are already at the last stop. This was a quiet bar and restaurant on a cliff overlooking the ocean and the city of Chorrillos. It´s called the El Acantilado and it was a great place to end our tour and share an Italian beer. I highly recommend this bar tour!

No comments: