Friday, March 16, 2012

Museo Nacional de Arqueología, Antropología e Historia del Perú y AntiguaTaberna Queirolo


Yesterday Coco took me to the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology to give me one more little lesson in Peruvian culture. This museum covers all of the major civilizations in all parts of Peru from the Chavin to Inka Empire to when the Spanish arrived. I only hope I can retain a portion of what I learned, but my handsome tour guide gave an excellent presentation on the rich history of his country.


The museum was located in an older part of Lima and we ended up having lunch in a bar that was built back in the 1880´s. It´s the kind of bar that doesn´t change much over the years and it´s a place where you see old friends catching up with each other. The food was great and we really could have stayed there all day.




We walked to a plaza nearby and had some old fashioned ice cream from a specialty ice cream shop. I could eat that ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It was amazing! We might just have to go back before we leave.


No comments: